- October 10, 2016 – Boy with the cursed smile who needs £100,000 to stop devastating seizures
- October 10, 2016 – Boy with rare tumour breaks into smiles before suffering crippling seizures
- October 7, 2016 – WATCH: Cat Bites Owner’s Toes to Save Him from Seizure
- October 7, 2016 – Boy, 7, with a rare brain tumour which causes him SMILE shortly before he suffers a violent seizure
- October 6, 2016 – Rescue cat saves owner’s life by biting his toes during seizures
- October 3, 2016 – World’s first trial to assess focused ultrasound for epilepsy is underway
- August 26, 2016 – Six-year-old girl who grew pubic hair and breasts ‘robbed of her childhood’ by brain tumour
- August 25, 2016 – The girl ‘robbed of her childhood’ after she started puberty aged just SIX
- August 24, 2016 – Mum’s Desperate Attempt to Raise £200k After NHS ‘Declined’ To Fund Son’s Brain Tumour Procedure
- August 5, 2016 – New laser surgery ends 30 years of severe seizures
- April 20, 2016 – International symposium on rare epilepsy
- April 13, 2016 – Hope for HH UK: International Professional Symposium on hypothalamic hamartoma
- July 28, 2016 – Bridgewater gym flexes fundraising muscles for sick boy
- July 22, 2016 – Hartlepool steelworkers band together to help little boy get life-saving treatment
- July 13, 2016 – 10 Smoke Signals Heralding The End Of Federal Medical Marijuana Prohibition
- May 23, 2016 – Rare brain disorder causes woman to strip in public during seizures
- March 15, 2016 – Colin Ranson recovering from surgery
- February 5, 2016 – He Saved A Cat’s Life, So The Cat Returned The Favor
- January 10, 2016 – Soup’s On! Creative funding ideas
- December 2013, Hope For HH attended 67th Annual American Epilepsy Society Meeting (Washington, DC) The AES Annual Meeting brings together epilepsy thought leaders from around the world.
- September 2013, 35+ of the world’s foremost HH neurosurgeons, epileptologists, neurologists and geneticists gathered together to discuss all aspects of HH. Organized by the Hope for HH Medical Advisory Board in collaboration with Dr. Jean Regis. Thanks Dr. Regis!
- December 2012, Hope For HH attended the 2012 American Epilepsy Society Meeting in San Diego, CANovember 2012, Hypothalamic Hamartoma Symposium for Patients and Caregivers hosted by Barrows Neurological Institute (BNI) and Hope for HH. The event was record and can be viewed by clicking this link.
- Listen to a recent radio interview titled Hallway Conversations by Dr. Joseph Sirven with Lisa Soeby and Ilene Miller on HH.
- June 2012, ABC Nightline aired a segment on HH following the journey of two courageous HH families. Click here to watch the program.
- May 2012, M-o-o-ving Thru’ The Mud a fundraiser for Hope for HH by The Tipps Family (Lindsay, TX).
- March 2012, More than 100 people walked for HH at the National Walk for Epilepsy (Washington, DC).
- December 2011, Hope for HH attended the 65th annual American Epilepsy Society Meeting in Baltimore, MD December 2-6, 2011 to educate international neurologists, neurosurgeons and epilepsy specialists about HH. Hope for HH had a booth that doctors could visit and also had 5 slides that rotated with slides from other volunteer organizations prior to the keynote lecture attended by thousands of doctors and health professionals.Other highlights from the meeting included hosting the second annual meeting of Hope for HH’s Medical Advisory Board where plans were made for an international symposium on HH for 2013.Moreover, there was a widely reported press conference with MAB members Dr. Jean Regis and Dr. Jack Kerrigan on HH, gelastic seizures, and Gamma Knife Surgery. A few articles can be found at:http://www.medindia.net. Finally, there were several presentations of research findings on HH and related topics (pregnancy, cognitive functioning, depression, SUDEP) which will be added to the Hope website as they become available.
- June 2011, Ilene Miller testified about educating the public and health professional about HH before the Institute of Medicine’s Committee on the Public Health Dimensions of the Epilepsies in Washington, DC. Read Ilene’s testimony. For more information about this committee and their work, visit the website: Institute of Medicine.
- March 2011, More than 50 people joined Team Hope for Hypothalamic Hamartomas to walk in the 5th Annual National Walk for Epilepsy in Washington, DC.
- March 2011, Lisa Soeby testified about the impact of living with HH before the Institute of Medicine’s Committee on the Public Health Dimensions of the Epilepsies in Los Angeles, CA. Read Lisa’s testimony. Read Ilene’s testimony. For more information about this committee and their work, visit the website: Institute of Medicine.
- December 2010, Six widely respected international expert neurologists, neurosurgeons, and endocrinologists have joined theHope for HH Medical Advisory Board. Chaired by Dr. John F. Kerrigan, M.D., the board also includes doctors Alexis Arzimanoglou, M.D.; Helen Cross, M.D.; Jean Regis, M.D.; Simon Harvey, M.D., and Maya Lodish, M.D. Read complete Press Release here.
- March 2010, National Walk for Epilepsy (Washington, DC) Team Hope for HH